2. When signing up for the Service you will be asked to supply information which may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details, date of birth, gender, or other information. When using the Service we may collect your browser type, OS type, IP address. We also store certain information in your browser called “cookies”. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Service. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you wish to disable this convenience feature.
5. Backer.org does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a secure financial gateway, and we endeavour to protect the security of your payment information during transmission with SSL technology.
6. Credit card information is stored in an encrypted form by our payment gateway provider. Backer.org stores only the last four digits of any credit card with a reference ID for the payment gateway.
7. Backer.org may keep copies of user information or Campaigns after their removal from the site in archive storage. This archive storage may include past versions of stored items that have since been modified or deleted.
8. Backer.org does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If Backer.org learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13 we will remove that post. We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.